This event has ended. Our next Field Day exercise will be January 27, 2024.
For the 2024 Field Day we are looking for a person to take over as General Chairman. Jon is willing to train and work through the planning and execution with a new volunteer for the 2024 event. No experience is needed, but having participated in a recent Field Day would be helpful. Contact Jon if interested.
The Hancock Amateur Radio Club will be on the air during ARRL Field Day 2023 operating two transceivers and identifying as W9ATG, 2 Alpha, Indiana. We will also have a GOTA (Get On The Air) Station set up for any unlicensed visitor who would like to stop by and participate in this yearly event and learn more about the capabilities of Amateur Radio.
Our remote operating site this year will be behind St. Michael School located at 519 Jefferson Blvd, Greenfield, IN 46140, next to the soccer fields.
Stop by and visit us anytime between 2:00 pm Saturday and 1:59 pm Sunday.
Some activities that visitors can participate in or observe are…..
- Setup of Transceivers, Antennas, Off Grid Power, and Logging Computers
- Satellite Tracking & Communication System
- Solar Panel / Charge Controller Setup
- Radio Operators exchanging information with other stations throughout the USA & Canada
- Informative Display on Amateur Radio Activities and How To Get Licensed
General Schedule June 23-25
FRIDAY – June 23rd
- Meet at the EOC at 17:00
- Tom Taylor will arrive with his pickup truck and hook up the generator for towing
- Others needed to help load the tent into his truck
- Travel to the FD site, set the generator in place and set up the tent.
SATURDAY – June 24th
- Saturday: 07:30 load up equipment stored at the EOC and transport to FD site.
- Jon will supply pickup truck. Need 6 volunteers to help load the truck
- Deliver equipment to FD site.
- Saturday: 08:00 Setup start
- First priorities, set up tables in tent, run power to tent, start antenna setup.
- Second priority, setup radios, computers, network
- Saturday: 12:00 Lunch
- Saturday: 13:00 Tech Talk on the satellite station
- Saturday: 14:00 Begin Operating
- Saturday: 18:00 Supper (we have no volunteers to cook, so bring something or go to town whenever you need to for all meals.)
SUNDAY – June 25th
- Sunday: 07:00 Breakfast
- Sunday: 12:00 Lunch
- Sunday: 13:59 End Operating begin tear down. Return HARC and any HEMA equipment to the EOC.
Field Day Leads:
(click on item for responsibilities and checklists)
- General Chair Person: Jon Reeves
- Safety Officer: Chalice Stout
- PIO: Dave Keiser
- Antenna Setup: Bill Smith
- Power Setup: Stephen Jordan
- Coax Setup: Need Volunteer
- Satellite Station Setup: Simon Padgett
- Radios Setup: Need Volunteer
- Computers and Network Setup: Stephen Jordan
Previous W9ATG Results with N9TT GOTA Station
|Number of Visitors||Operating Class||Output Power Level||Power Source||Total Score||CW QSO’S||Digital QSO’s||Phone QSO’s||Total QSO’s||Bonus Points|
The club owns 3 Yaseau FTDX10 Transceivers that are used for Field Day activities
Download FTDX10 Operating Manual